Here's what I can do. If you want it migrated here, rather than reposted here, I can throw a flag up on that question asking them to move it here. It's hardly a bad question, and it would be nice to have more examples of good story-ID questions on site.
I'm suggesting this because, for the reasons below, I'm not sure this is a good question to cross-post. Let me know if that works for you!
Cross-posting is, in my experience, generally okay if a question is:
- acceptable on multiple sites,
- the question is of very high quality,
- you're asking on one site at a time,
- the other site didn't give you the kinds of answers you wanted,
- the other site is a worse fit for the kind of question you're asking,
- bonus points if the question is likely to elicit different answers from the two communities.
The question you're asking about, in my eyes, is:
- Acceptable here.
Has a potential issue with quality. It's not that it's a poorly-asked question, and as far as story-ID questions go this is a key example of a good one. But by site consensus, for the reasons described in the prior link, story ID questions are not regarded as the prime example of a high quality question here.
Identification questions are like... The cabbage, radishes and shredded carrots that some sushi shops put on the platter before stacking up the meat & rice. They make the plate look nice and full, and they're something to chew on once you've eaten all the meat...
- You asked on that site, didn't get the answer you were looking for, so asking on here is, in my mind, okay by this point.
- Didn't get an answer on it, moot point.
- SF&F is... just about as good a fit for this question as Literature would be, honestly. So by this point it's kind of iffy, too.
- It's an ID question, so the answer is the same regardless of where it's posted.