Literature SE is to have its first moderator election! Beginning on 13 April, users may nominate themselves to fill one of the two pro-tempore moderator slots available.
The timeline is like this:
- The nomination stage will begin on 13 April - candidates must nominate themselves here. In the meanwhile, users may direct their questions to candidates here on meta (with the election and discussion tags), or in chat.
- On April 20, if there are more than two candidates, the voting stage will begin and last until 28 April. Otherwise, the candidate(s) will be appointed on 20th and the election will be complete.
- In case there is a voting, the results will be announced here on meta on 28 April.
This election is a part of the experiment/trial with pro-tempore elections on beta sites (which Literature still is). The normal rules for an election apply for the most part, except we won't have a formal questionnaire for the candidates (meta and chat will serve for that). Other than that, there are two strict requirements for the candidates:
- A candidate must have at least 300 rep here on Literature.
- A candidate must not have been suspended in the last year.
In order to be able to vote, a user must have at least 150 rep here.
If there are any questions about the process, concerns, or questions for potential moderators, feel free to post them as answers to this post!