I have a Mathematics BA from Oxford, and Theoretical Physics Msc from Imperial College in London. I work as a software engineer.
I'm interested in Philosophy, Poetry, Theology and Art; and I'm not interested in Gaming, nor SF, nor computers or IT as a way of life.
I'm also an occasionally practising artist & poet; my art is probably better than my poetry - although thats getting better. Poets I admire are Yeats, Lorca and Walcott.
Do you friend, know what it's all about? The sun, a picture of health hangs still as a citrus fruit on a calm day. Flinty reflections in glass staring back at you, imitating each mellow or awkward move - Narcissus would not have known.
Do you friend, know what its all about? Conversation hiding open-eyed deceit. Mustard oil for hasher-dim fried. Laughter with knives and smiles for the coup-de-grace. Persophone in spring may know.
And will we know what its all about? Forever losing the living situation, Our inorganic sense drags us under, as our organic sense makes us hunger.
- Mozibur Ullah, Mar 2013
"Those who read me know my conviction that the world, the temporal world, rests on a few very simple ideas; so simple that they must be as old as the hills. It rests notably, among others, on the idea of Fidelity". - Joseph Conrad
- Philosophy 43.6k 43.6k 1313 gold badges8080 silver badges206206 bronze badges
- Physics 10.3k 10.3k 44 gold badges2929 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Politics 6.3k 6.3k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.5k 5.5k 1515 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 2.7k 2.7k 1313 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 54 What is the largest political entity that lacks legislative power?
- 49 Why does paper become translucent when smeared with oil but not (so much) with water?
- 48 Can the President of the United States ignore the Supreme Court?
- 43 What was Eisenhower's warning about?
- 42 Why did the World Bank set the global poverty line at $1.90?
- 40 What is wrong with the high-school definition of a vector?
- 36 How far away are we from probing Planck scale physics directly?
- View more network posts →