Hey there! I'm HDE 226868, an astrophysics and mathematics major looking to focus on computational and stellar astrophysics. My current interests include pulsar timing and x-ray spectroscopy of massive stars. Ask me about them at any time! I love to talk and write about astronomy.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy, and a retired moderator on Interpersonal Skills. I also participate on a number of sites elsewhere on the network.
Oh, and I run, program, listen to music, design crosswords, blog, and play board games, when I have the time.
Member for 2 years, 9 months
52 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 at 21:52
- Worldbuilding♦ 69.7k 69.7k 1717 gold badges248248 silver badges451451 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 23.3k 23.3k 1111 gold badges5454 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Astronomy♦ 21.1k 21.1k 33 gold badges7272 silver badges133133 bronze badges
- Physics 8.8k 8.8k 55 gold badges3434 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 7.5k 7.5k 88 gold badges3838 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 381 An Update to our Community and an Apology
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 123 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- 117 Have only girls been born for a long time in this village?
- 116 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- 111 Is it worth sending a manned mission to a black hole?
- 110 How to ask a vegan to stop telling me about veganism because I am not interested in it?
- View more network posts →